Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is anyone out there "on/ been on" Roaccutane acne treatment ?

Does anyone have any %26quot; If I%26#039;d have known beforehand, I would have%26quot;... advice for me I would appreciate it. Im 42, still get spots and run a hectic family and work life. I%26#039;ve been on it 2 weeks and ache all over and I%26#039;m only on minimum dose. Ta muchly.|||I had severe acne on my back and first I took tetracyclines which cleared it up, but it came back when I stopped taking them.





After a course of roaccutane the acne cleared up and I have been free of spots for 8 years now, completely gone. However i did experience depression and suicidal thoughts as a side effect, not pleasant at all. I suppose you have to weigh up the pros and cons of living with acne or suffering the possibility of suffering these (quite severe) side effects. Its a tough question and not everyone will be affected in the same way, I didn%26#039;t suffer from aches or anything like that but it was certainly effective in getting rid of the acne.|||I%26#039;m 16 and just come off Rocaccutane after 4 months. Although my acne has healed and the scarring is beginning to lessen, I%26#039;ve had side effects such as fatigue and depression. It%26#039;s worth it if you%26#039;re on it for a few months, but not any longer than that. It was a relief to come off it.|||I used roaccutane for around a year in 2003


It worked in getting rid of my acne and i had perfect skin for 2-3months. then the breakouts began again and i was back to the initial stage.


for the first few months, u hav more breakouts, but they slowly disappear. I had bad side effects. I gained weight, had really dry skin. to the point where the skin on my hand was bleeding through cracks. they tell u at the beginning that 10% need to hav re-treatment and then u%26#039;ll never hav breakouts again, but from experience. its not worth it.





if u go to a health store, they hav a product called %26#039;silicea%26#039;, my supervisor at work told me about it early last yr. Now, i barely get breakouts and besides some scarring, most of my acne is gone. and this is without the dry skin, weight gain etc. Its slow, but i%26#039;m glad my liver doesnt hav to suffer|||Hey cool, I%26#039;m 42 also. I took accutane (does it have the name Roaccutane now, or is that a typo?) when I was 19. It changed my life in a positive way. I didn%26#039;t have just a couple of spots though, I had level 4 cystic acne.





If you have just a few spots, and it doesn%26#039;t bug you, I don%26#039;t know what to tell you, but if it%26#039;s as big a problem as I had, I would stick with it.|||A good friend of mine was on the treatment for over a year. He suffered side effects such as nausea and fatigue but these lessened as he acclimatised to the prescription. With regards to its success, the drug cleared a high percentage of his acne yet could obviously do nothing regarding the scarring it left.

No comments:

Post a Comment