Saturday, December 26, 2009

What acne treatments are safe during pregnancy?

In 1st trimester, and I have it worst on my chest and back. Does anyone have experience dealing with acne during pregnancy? What did your dermatologist recommend?|||As long as the medication does not enter your blood they should be safe. I had a question about this with thinning hair treatments and my OB told me it was safe because a topical doesn%26#039;t enter the blood stream.|||hi......may be u can find the answer from this...


http://www.queenofebooks.com/How-To-Win-A-War-Against-Acne.php Report Abuse
|||You are supposed to avoid Accutane, a brand name for Isotretinoin, is a derivative of Vitamin A and is used for acne. Defects involved the central nervous system, deformities of the skull and face, heart and blood vessels, the liver, as well as other defects.





I use Noxzema and/or Oil of Olay and haven%26#039;t broken out my entire pregnancy. I am 28 weeks along and before pregnancy was actually breaking out quite bad.|||before i got pregnant i couldnt control my acne it was terrible. When i found out i was pregnant i stopped using chemical treatments and switched to apple cider vinegar (i had read about it online) and its like a miracle! It stinks though, but it only lasts about 10 minutes and the smell goes away. I had it only on my face but if i put apple cider vinegar on a cotton ball and put it on my face twice a day, no acne!! (unless i sleep in my makeup) Since you%26#039;re having it on your chest and back i would recommend a spray bottle and spray it on yourself after showering and before bed. The smell WILL go away after a short while, i promise. And its worth it anyway even if it didnt.|||dont worry about acne when youre pregnant. theyres so mch more important things to worry about, like the health of your baby. you generally look like a wreck when youre pregnant so it doesnt really matter and chances are after you deliver the acne will start to disappear. you could go see a dermatologist though if it makes you really uncomfortable.





congrats on your pregnancy, heres hoping its a healthy and beautiful baby :)|||Taking something topical or natural wouldn%26#039;t hurt. My wife had the same problem last year and I got her a product I used that helped me through my acne because it has loads of antioxidants and that%26#039;s essential to have healthy skin AND body.





Antioxidants are normally found in fruits and vegetables and I don%26#039;t see that as being bad for any pregnancy.





Anyway, the link is in my source and I think they still have a 2 month supply free trial so check that out!





take care|||It%26#039;s because of all the hormones ravaging through your body right now. I would just try outside treatments like alcohol pads and acne washes.|||Have you tried baby%26#039;s creme containing zinc?





It makes the acne dry and it will make no harm for neither you or your baby.|||Listerine rubbed on you acne after a hot shower will do the job. Just make sure to use it each time you shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment