Saturday, December 26, 2009

I am a black female with pcos and I need good advice on acne treatment for dark spots that won't go away.?

drink 8-10 glasses of water


apply ice to your face regularly it closes the pores so that would definitely reduce the acne breakout


check this site to find out how to get rid of pimples and its mark , it has good home remedies hope this helps|||There are many that say PCOS and something called Hidradenitis Suppurativa go hand in hand. Here is some info that I post about HS , if you have further questions holla...


I am sorry to say that I believe that you may have a condition called Hidradenitis Supprativa. I went thru the SAME thing, reading your question like it could have came from me word for word. It is re-occurring boils/ cysts/abscesses that are often misdiagnosed as ingrown hairs, herpes, being unclean or over weight and folliculitis and STAPH. They can be big or small and under the skin or on top of the skin.This is a newly diagnosed skin condition , but there is a lot of info out there if you are looking. If the doc tries to give u muporcin or bactroban to put in your nose... dont its for staph and did nothing for the boils. I have been using clyndamicin , but I want to warn you that with HS your immune system will learn an antibiotic and eventually it will not work anymore.. just like... deoderant. Ask for something called HYPERCARE. It is a clear Dab on thing, it reminds me of a small bingo dobber. It has helped me with the sweating issue.. so I dont have to put on deoderant. Actually the aresol is WORSE becuase it has way more chemical that BURN the sores. THe biggest thing that helps me deal with it is SHOWERING..alot. ANY sweat will AGRAVATE IT SEVERLY!!! email me if you want , I know i felt really lost an finding out at least what I had an that it is not a STD just turned on a big light in a dark *** tunnel that i was wandering in.





(*All links please COPY and PASTE into search or address bar. When I copy and paste my answer I have gotten complaints that the links don鈥檛 work, had to put some spaces between so it wouldn鈥檛 dissapear)





Here is a link :


en .wikipedia.org/ wiki /Hidradenitis_suppurativa





or the HS_USA page is ..





hs-foundation.org





If this sounds like it might be you, READ it, PRINT it out, and TAKE it to your DOC.


It鈥檚 better to try to start treatment soon, it can spread over the body if left untreated. These boils can become quite large and painful. Sometimes even lasting for weeks or months , do not attempt to POP them they can then tunnel under your skin and spread all over the body. Most common areas are armpits, groin, bikini line, inner legs, and intimate places and basically anywhere that sweats and rubs against clothing. Stress is a big inducer.





There is a support group at MSN :





groups.msn.com/ HidradenitisSupportClub





Here is a few links that I thought it were interesting :





mayoclinic.com/health/hidraden... DS00818





aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_dis... hidradenitis_suppu.html





I am open for questions!


I have had this for 8 years, I was misdiagnosed for a LONG time, and it was very embarrassing, painful and scary. I am just trying to help out so you don鈥檛 have to wait as long as I did.





Currently I have 5, 2 next to each other on my right inner groin. 2 in my upper HAIR area, and 1 med sized on my **** on the panty line, and they do come every week or so. I find that certain foods, not having a regular showering regimen, wearing clothing that irritates the area.. And STRESS usually is a precursor to getting one.





and YES thongs and TIGHT jeans will definately irratate the area... when I have some I can only wear slacks or strechy pants.... ughhhhhhhhhhh!!





I also prefer to use NEXCARE bandages to cover the ones not in hair. There are 2 kinds I like for comfort and stay put reasons.. The first is like a clear band aid.... soft on the edges with a small area of bandage... helps with those buggers when they are on bikini line.. Usually stay for me.. Or occasionally on my inner thigh for those I like the foamy sponge like ones that are beige in color.. I think they are 3M.

No comments:

Post a Comment