Friday, January 8, 2010

Is Cetaphil and Differin the best treatment for dry skin and moderate acne?

My dry skin is flaking on my face and I have huge red bumps on the sides of my face|||Let me start off by saying that this may not work for everyone but I have been using Cetaphil and Differin for over a year now and my skin and has never looked so beautiful. In the beginning, I was completely scared because I saw how my skin was interacting with the Differin. I couldn%26#039;t believe the constant flaking and blotching. I was so worried, I contacted the dermatologist right away and she promised me that it would clear up in a few weeks but that its part of the process of the medication and told me to wait patiently...she also said that if there wasn%26#039;t any noticeable improvement we would move onto something else...Well, one year later, I couldn%26#039;t be more happy with the condition that my skin is in. Its soft, vibrant...fabulous, and I rarely apply foundation or have pimple flare ups...Im completely satisfied.





My advice. if you haven%26#039;t seen any changes in your skin, after 6-8weeks of continous application...tell your dermatologist so that she can prescribe something new.





Here%26#039;s an article from the NY Times and an interview with a well renown dermatologist in Manhattan





http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/04/fashio鈥?/a>|||you could try proactive or ask your doctor for a prescription for a good cream or gel|||In my experience- Differin made my skin red and irritated a little. I guess it didn%26#039;t help that I was out in the sun a lot but I live in Arizona and its hard to avoid.|||You actually shouldn%26#039;t need any acne medicine if you take care of your skin. The important thing is what type of SOAP you use in the shower. Most garbage soap you find in normal stores has Tallow, which is animal-fat, and clogs pores and CAUSES Acne and are extremely DRYING to the skin. What you need is real soap, not detergent, almost all cheap store brand soaps aren%26#039;t actually soap at all! They strip away healthy oils, and leave you with pore clogging animal-fat and dry skin.





Switch to vegan-based Castile soaps, Dr. Bronners is fantastic, I recommend it. No residues, no skin clogging, and extremely good at clearing up skin troubles.





For immediate relief, get Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash. Tea Tree Oil is fantastic for killing off Acne and preventing new acne growth. Consider it natures safe and non-toxic version of Benzoyl Peroxide.





I do not recommend Cetaphil and I am unsure why people seem to be pushing it lately. The ingredients in Cetaphil are a hodge-podge mix of cancer causing synthetics and skin irritants.|||You should get this book from Dr. Leslie Baumann called %26quot;Skin Type Solution%26quot; it just came out in paperback and it has helped me immensely. You may actually be having an allergic reaction to something. The other thing to do would to see a Dr. But the book is cheaper and easier to get to!|||You have to attack acne where it starts, with your diet. For me, diet was the cause and solution. Topical medications fight the symptoms. Start by eliminating trans fats and eating more fruits and vegetables. Once you start cleaning up the inside of your body, by eating properly, the outside of your body (your skin) will be get cleaned up too. I started a website to document my problem and solution.





http://www.fredstown.com/acne.html...





You might find it helpful to read my story. Just remember to eat an all natural/organic diet with lots of fruits and vegetables. Stay away from processed foods. Use mild, all natural cleansers and don%26#039;t pick at your face. Get lots of sleep and enough water for your body weight. Remember, clean body = clean skin. While you%26#039;re waiting for your skin to clear, remind yourself that acne is a challenge that you will overcome soon. Once you%26#039;re rid of it, tell all your friends how you did it. That%26#039;s what I%26#039;m doing. God Bless.|||Cetaphil is recommended by dermatologists for acne but not for dry skin.





If these bumps have just developed, they may be because your skin is too dry for th natural oils to clense your face in a normal way.





Try a facial moisturizer that does not have oil as a base (Oil of Olay Oil Free moisturizer is nice and mild).





Use this for three days (not Cetaphil) and see if the bumps reduce.|||Was your skin dry before you started using differin? Some side effects of differin are dryness, redness, and flaking. These conditions should subside after a few weeks of use. Cetaphil is an OK cleanser. It works well on sensitive skin. I would give the differin a few weeks to work and if not then ask the dermatologist for something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment