Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm a 14 year old boy and I have a moderate case of acne. What's the best treatment for this?

I have acne on my chin, and both sides of my face. It%26#039;s mainly red, a few whiteheads here and there but I only have blackheads on my nose. Proactiv doesn%26#039;t work for me and I recently started using AcneFree but I found out it%26#039;s an adult acne system. I am desperate to find something that will suit me. Everything works for me right away then fades or stops working after a while. I see Neutrogena has a ton of products and I don%26#039;t really want to buy them all and figure which one%26#039;s the best from there. Please someone tell me what%26#039;s the best acne treatmen for early teenagers. Thanks!|||See your dermatologist for suggestions.


Be patient all teens go through acne.


Look at this as a way to make yourself stronger.


Dont try and cover up the acne because this will only draw


attention to your face. Ask your parents if they had acne.


If yes then accept the fact that its your turn.


Dont waste your money on acne medication.|||You have to use a product for 3 months before you get the full effect...If you still can%26#039;t find something that works for you then you should consult a dermatologist|||I am allergic to benzoyl proxide (in Proactive and other products) and I use a product called Murad! (I%26#039;m a 14 yr old girl) and it keeps my fresh clear and pretty.


The webby is www.murad.com and it%26#039;s in the acne section. It works really well and my bro uses it too and works great for him too!


Hope I helped! : - )


---


Mypupinky|||Dermatologists are the experts to answer this question for your particular case.





There are a huge number of products on the market that are sold over the counter. Despite many different brands, containers, and prices, these appear to all have one of two active ingredients: benzoyl peroxide, which seems to be the most common, and salicyllic acid, which is just the active ingredient of aspirin (aspirin is acetyl salicylic acid, which your body breaks down to the aformentioned chemical).





These may or may not work for you. It sounds like they might not be working for you.





A much more effective drug is topical Retin-A, which is now sold generically. Unfortunately, even the generic form is pretty expensive. As the name implies, this drug is chemically related to vitamin A. Starting out with it can be difficult because it can really irritate your skin at first.





A doctor might also prescribe topical antibiotics.





A really heavy gun to use for acne is an oral medicine (a pill) called Accutane. It is very expensive and can have very serious side effects. It should only be used under strict medical supervision for severe, cystic acne, so don%26#039;t try getting it illegally over the internet unless you feel like cooking your liver.





Acne is a serious problem both psychologically and due to the fact that it can result in irreversible, pitting scarring on your face. Please see somebody about it.|||I use proactiv and it works for me. kind of. well it doesn%26#039;t make my face completely clear but it sure a hell better than it used to be.





I dunno what else you can use.|||Wash your face with lemon juice.|||At this age it is quite normal. You have to wash your face quite often and keep it clean.


secondly do not tamper/ fiddle with the acne which is also quite normal but you have to keep your hands off. otherwise you will get a permanent black spot.


thirdly keeping yourself awake late night also will trigger to get more.|||pediatrician???|||Wash face constantly do not wear makeup then at night put baby powder on your face while sleeping avoid chocolate drink plenty of water.|||Hey ! First of all, don%26#039;t use neutrogena or Proactiv...both will make your skin REALLY dry and you skin will produce more sebum...then more acne. You can use La Roche-Posay www.laroche-posay.com . They are REALLY good..... When I used that ( because I dont need it anymore) my face got really clear of acne. The other important thing is to wash your hands when possible and don%26#039;t touch your face with your hands. Also, some hair products can cause acne... You can also go to a tanning salon ( without using any creme...they are greasy)... it will dry your skin, but not too much if you go there not too often and not too long. It helps ALOT.|||how long did you use proactiv for it takes a little while to start working..... i would suggest going to your dermo and tey can get you a really good working acne treatment and i will work!


good luck


ps. maybe try proactiv again : /|||Hi Garrett! I%26#039;m so glad I saw your question. My son also used to break out. Proactive even made it worse. Anyway, as a very last resort I purchased a product called %26quot;Nature%26#039;s Cure%26quot; I did not expect it to work at all. and neither did he. But, honestly, within two weeks there was a significant difference. Within a month his skin looked 90% better. I highly recommend it (my son would too!). Here%26#039;s the web site (we bought it at a local drug store... CVS, but they also carry it at Target).


http://www.naturescure.com|||As others have pointed out, it%26#039;s important to keep your face as clean as possible. This includes washing your hair everyday to keep oils in your hair from getting on your face. Having some acne at your age is not uncommon, but you%26#039;re right to try to treat it early. If it becomes advanced, it can leave permanent scars. Ideally, you should see a dermatologist. I%26#039;m not familiar with all of the new treatments, but when I was your age, I used Clearasil on individual breakouts and that seemed to help dry them up. I used the clear kind so it was invisible. Stay away from soaps with perfumes, as that might aggravate the situation. You might try Basis soap, or Ivory. Below are other suggestions on what you can do.|||i dont want to scare you I recently discovered this ..have you heard of demodex.copy and paste it on ur search bar I think you%26#039;ll get a better understanding of what doctors and all have called %26quot;acne%26quot;. Good luck and don%26#039;t worry your young and you%26#039;ll clear up.You%26#039;ll see.let me know what u think okay|||I would consult with a dermatoloist--they have mdications to clear this|||Drink at least 8 glasses of water (no juice), sleep at least 8 hours everynight, eat vegies, wash the face every meal, never touch or prick your acne, and use facial tissues if you%26#039;re not anywhere near a bathroom or powder room. This helps, since my ex-boyfriend had a lot and his secret was sleeping a lot. These other things are my secret. I have acne too.|||Speak to a physician about Accutane.





It%26#039;s the only product that really works on severe acne, but you need to use it under a doctor%26#039;s care.





Good Luck


ED|||Acne and pimples is one of the most distressing and depressing problems faced mostly by youngsters. Soak cotton wool in mint juice, and apply every day. Mix cinnamon powder with lime juice to make a fine paste, Apply on pimples. Check out http://useinfo-acne.blogspot.com/ for more useful info.

No comments:

Post a Comment